I have purchased three mattress sets from Dormia over the past 5 years. I enjoyed the first set, which had a name that is no longer available. However, in less than 2 years, there was a slight rut developing in the middle.
The second was their base model. It was a little hard for my taste, but I selected it to avoid the rut from the first model. I was generally happy with this purchase, and slept on it for 3 years without complaint.
However, the most recent purchase caused nothing but problems for me.
1. The initial delivery was wrong - I received a queen mattress and twin sized foundation. It took an additional two weeks to get the correct-sized foundation.
2. The billing was wrong - be careful placing orders by phone, somehow my purchase price increased by $100 from the time I agreed to buy to the time I received my first invoice. Despite letters to their customer service department, and letters back to me stating that "an adjustment has been made", this was never corrected.
3. The 30 Day Sleep Trial is illusory - I realized in the first few days that the mattress ("Radiance") was *way* too soft for me. I called them to arrange for the return of the mattress, but they told me I had to find my own cross-country carrier, buy my own packing materials (where does one buy one box for a mattress??), on top of paying the $400 shipping. They told me they really didn't want me to return the mattress because they would have to pay to dispose of it. So they make it an unappealing option. Instead, they offered to credit me half of the purchase price in exchange for voiding the warranty. Pressed for time and money, I agreed to this. They did make the adjustment to my invoices, but never corrected the original billing error.
4. In addition, despite notifying them various times, they have sent each and every bill to the address I was moving FROM, not the address that I was moving TO, and had the mattress shipped TO.
5. I've been sleeping on the Radiance for about 10 months. There is a visually obvious rut in the middle. I'm an average-size and weight female and in less than a year, this should not be the case. The whole point of memory foam is that it is supposed to return to its original shape after you get off it. In any event, I'm already shopping for a new mattress.
After the first two mattresses, I thought I would never buy a mattress anywhere else. But this last experience was more than enough to sour me on the company for good.
You get what you pay for. This last $1500+ was a colossal waste of time and money. GO ELSEWHERE!