Reply by Dormia Mattress

Dear Cross Coaster

First of all, I would like to apologize for your mattress issue. We stand behind our products 100% and would like to send you a free replacement mattress at no additional cost to you. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact our Warranty Dept. at 877-707-7533 or via e-mail at claims@classicmattress.com.

Classic Brands, located in Jessup, Maryland has been a leader in the field of specialty sleep products since 1971. The original company Classic Corporation was created in 1971 and quickly grew to be the leading producer of waterbeds and waterbed products in the world. In 2002, Classic became Classic Sleep Products and began to produce high quality memory foam and latex mattresses. In February of 2010, Classic underwent a change in ownership and management and became Classic Brands, LLC.

We are dedicated to manufacturing the finest mattresses using craftsmanship, innovative design and the finest materials available anywhere in the world. Our goal is to provide you the ultimate in mattress comfort resulting in the most satisfying and restorative sleep possible. Classic has developed and produced an innovative line up of products that quickly gained recognition throughout the bedding industry. These products are focused on giving our customer the optimum sleeping experience. This is achieved by using highly specialized materials that are designed to work in concert with your body and allow you to get the deepest most restful sleep possible. Our products help to rejuvenate your body and allow you to go through your day with a higher level of energy than you ever could have imagined.

Classic's products are designed and crafted with pride at our over 100,000 square foot facility based in Maryland just outside of Baltimore. We have manufactured millions of quality mattresses over the years. We have a unvarnished track record of customer service. We sell to the largest Mattresses companies in USA. We have a dedicated staff of over eighty employees who all take great pride in making some of the finest mattresses sold today. The company has always been known as a leader in finding innovative new ways for people to sleep in a healthier way. We are committed to continuing that tradition and will always be on the cutting edge of producing innovative ways for people to sleep in a healthier way. Remember, that the average person spends one third of their life in bed. People who sleep well at night tend to perform better at their jobs, spend more time with their families and are in general much healthier than the average person. Our sleep systems are designed to help you get the maximum benefit out of each night of sleep. We hope you will consider investing in one of our systems. We feel strongly that such an investment will pay dividends for many years to come.
Author's

I have purchased three mattress sets from Dormia over the past 5 years. I enjoyed the first set, which had a name that is no longer available. However, in less than 2 years, there was a slight rut developing in the middle.

The second was their base model. It was a little hard for my taste, but I selected it to avoid the rut from the first model. I was generally happy with this purchase, and slept on it for 3 years without complaint.

However, the most recent purchase caused nothing but problems for me.

1. The initial delivery was wrong - I received a queen mattress and twin sized foundation. It took an additional two weeks to get the correct-sized foundation.

2. The billing was wrong - be careful placing orders by phone, somehow my purchase price increased by $100 from the time I agreed to buy to the time I received my first invoice. Despite letters to their customer service department, and letters back to me stating that "an adjustment has been made", this was never corrected.

3. The 30 Day Sleep Trial is illusory - I realized in the first few days that the mattress ("Radiance") was *way* too soft for me. I called them to arrange for the return of the mattress, but they told me I had to find my own cross-country carrier, buy my own packing materials (where does one buy one box for a mattress??), on top of paying the $400 shipping. They told me they really didn't want me to return the mattress because they would have to pay to dispose of it. So they make it an unappealing option. Instead, they offered to credit me half of the purchase price in exchange for voiding the warranty. Pressed for time and money, I agreed to this. They did make the adjustment to my invoices, but never corrected the original billing error.

4. In addition, despite notifying them various times, they have sent each and every bill to the address I was moving FROM, not the address that I was moving TO, and had the mattress shipped TO.

5. I've been sleeping on the Radiance for about 10 months. There is a visually obvious rut in the middle. I'm an average-size and weight female and in less than a year, this should not be the case. The whole point of memory foam is that it is supposed to return to its original shape after you get off it. In any event, I'm already shopping for a new mattress.

After the first two mattresses, I thought I would never buy a mattress anywhere else. But this last experience was more than enough to sour me on the company for good.

You get what you pay for. This last $1500+ was a colossal waste of time and money. GO ELSEWHERE!

Had an Experience with Dormia Mattress?

Comments

How *** are you that you ordered it 3 times dont you learn?

Hot Springs, Montana, United States #12088

I have had the same issue with the Posture Temp Ultimate King which I purchased less than 3 years ago.It has sunk deeply where I and my wife lay on it.

While we enjoyed it for the first 18 months or so, the rut has gotten very bad since.I can no longer sleep on it without back pain in the morning.

Collinsville, Mississippi, United States #4100

Dormia mattresses are EXTREMELY HEAT SENSITIVE DO NOT LEAVE HEAT EMITTING ELECTRONICS UNATTENDED, AND ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE HEATING PADS OR HEATING BLANKETS.These items if left unattended will cause serious damage to your expensive mattress.

Dormia does not disclose this information to its consumers, though you will see something about heating pads in your warranty.Sincerely, Chris.

comments