Dormia Mattress - Way too soft!

I did not get my Dormia Bamboo Pure Natural King Mattress from a company but from a previous owner who had it for 2 months and the wife was very pregnant at the time. She said it was VERY SOFT and emphasized it when she ran the ad.

She was right, it is a very soft mattress and I do have to admit, after 2 years on this, I have to sleep on the other side of the bed and even in the middle so there is not an indentation from my body being on just one side of the bed. It is just so incredibly soft that you sink down into the bed.

Some people like soft mattresses and I thought I was one of them but I am now looking to give mine away (I only paid $150 and these poor owners I bought from lost $1500) so if a shelter needs a bed, I will give them mine and buy a mattress that has a bit more firmness to it. I obviously slept on it for 2 years but I can say I have backaches when I wake up and I do not sleep well which could be the bed...

Review about: Dormia Bamboo Pure Natural Eastern King Bed.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Dormia Mattress - Waterbed Doesn't Last

2.0
Style and Design

We bought a Dormia Queen waterbed and base frame from a store and the frame busted that night. As we were laying there...

it actual creaked and pop! I ended up purchasing another base from Dormia directly... and low and behold... it was designed exactly the same way.

It was poorly designed to support so much weight. So, I added wood to support the weight and it has lasted. The bladders and pillowtop did not. A couple of years ago we noticed that the underside of the pillowtop was shredding and then the bladders began leaking about two weeks ago.

So, our very expensive $2000+ Queen Waterbed only lasted 7 years. When it wasn't breaking or leaking, it was very comfortable.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of dormia waterbed from Dormia Mattress and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $2000 and wants Dormia Mattress to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dormia Mattress for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Dormia Mattress - Simple Review #1438087982

Churchville, Maryland 0 comments
5.0
Layout of Store
Style and Design

I loved my Dormia adjustable bed and pillows!! I gave it to my ex in the divorce.

Too heavy for me to move.

Looking for a dealer. I would love to get another!!

Review about: Dormia Adjustable Bed.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Dormia Mattress - Dormia.com mattress HORRIBLE

Rocky Hill, Connecticut 2 comments

My husband and i purchased a dormia mattress and hated it from day one...purchased at Sleepys and they would do nothing. ..same with dormia...

2 years later looking for new mattress after horrible

sleepless nights and out $2,000.... totally pissed off ... i wish i went to small claims court and pursued this issue further ... now they want 100 words to.complain...this company is totally a rip off and unprofessional.

Never buy this brand you will not be happy !!!!!!!!!!! Why. Why. Why ...

again do not buy this brand !!! You will be totally unhappy with manu uncomfortable sleepless nights

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $2100. The author is overall dissatisfied with Dormia Mattress. The most disappointing about mattress from Dormia Mattress was hate it Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Dormia Mattress.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Bed and Bath category for more informed decision or compare Dormia Mattress to other companies on our site.

Comments

I agree! After 3 years,couldn't sleep on it...NO support! Very bad purchase!

csable@mattress.com
Hicksville, New York, United States #933366

Sleepy's number one goal is customer satisfaction. Please reach out to us at csable@mattress.com and include your Invoice Number or Customer Code, your telephone number and the best time of day to be reached.

We look forward to working with you and resolving your complaint. Thank you.

Dormia Mattress - Did not hold up

San Bruno, California 1 comment

I purchased my "temperpedic" type Dormia from Sleepy's as Dormia was supposed to be a quality manufacturer. I paid $1500 just for the mattress and mine sunk down in the middle within five years.

There is a huge sink hole in the middle. Sleepy's is of NO help; they sent a third party over to evaluate and said I was just 1/4 of an inch within the warranty guidelines. SO aggravated. Planning to call Dormia directly to ask for a replacement.

The Sleepy's associate specifically promised that this mattress would not flatten. That is why I paid more for this one.

Review about: Defective Mattress.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Easton, Pennsylvania, United States #898783

Loved it for about 2 years... Now I hate it, sunk in center and on the side I sleep on.

I only weigh 185#.

Terrible on my back. I never bought the mattress cover so no warranty when a tiny small mark was found on it.

Dormia Mattress - Center hump within 2 years local retailer where we purchased disappeared in 6 months

We have the Dormia Pure Natural Bamboo mattress it was comfortable in the store but became unbearable within 2 years and the Dormia store where we purchased was out if business less than 6 months after our purchase. Contrary to several sites we did not pay " mid range" our mattress was almost $5,000 by the time all was said and done.

We have tried rotating the mattress only to have the flimsy side handles tear right off leaving big holes in the sides of the mattress. Feel that we were sold an inferior poor quality product that did not hold up and was very uncomfortable.

Taken to the cleaners comes to mind. Would never recommend this product.

Review about: Natural Bamboo Mattress.

Dormia Mattress - Need remote to raise and lower mattress

Fairdale, Pennsylvania 2 comments

The mattress has always been so comfortable. However the motors have gone bad.

But my husband replaced them now I need a new remote for the bed because I washed it. Just don't know how to get one. But the mattress has always been comfy. However getting in touch with dormia to order a new remote is impossible.

All the links make reference to companies who carry mattresses only.

Hope this message will fall on the right person who can give me help with my necessary purchase. My address is 344 Ceylon Rd Carmichaels pa Donna Oplinger my name hope to hear from you 7249669392

Review about: Bad Matress Motors.

Comments

Look at the motor and contact the manufacturer of the motor.

Tarpon Springs, Florida, United States #869309

Dormia sold there own cases and also bases made by Leggett and Platt. If there is a serial number on the frame of the bed it was made by Leggett.

There Phone number is 1-800-888-3078.

If not I am unable to find out where to get a remote as well. Good Luck

Dormia Mattress - Review about Saggy Mattress from Watauga, Texas

Watauga, Texas 0 comments

Sagging in middle after 3 years very unhappy and disappointed in product

Review about: Saggy Mattress.

Dormia Mattress - Not happy at all.

Miami, Florida 0 comments

I purchased a Dormia mattress at El Dorado Furniture Store wish it cost me almost a 700 dollars, thinking that will be the best mattress to go with, on the very first week I felt with a comfort during my sleeping time, but about a month or more than a month ago I can get a good rest anymore sleeping on this mattress, I feel pain in my whole back and in morning wake up my body is feel like a tired again , so please I need to contact someone who can help me to solve my problem, with your product . I made this purchase on Sep.

01, 2013.

I feel this mattress is not a good choice anymore. My contact is 786-897-2135 or by e-mail, marlencabrera98@gmail.com

Review about: Dormia Mattress.

Dormia Mattress - Dormia

Lawrenceville, Georgia 0 comments

Dormia was not "Purchased" by Classic Mattress in 2010, Dormia was Classic Mattress operating under a different name. The owner Mike Zippelli was the owner of Dormia retail stores and Classic Mattress in 2006 thru 2009 when I was a store manager for one of their retail locations.

They also operate under the name of American Mattress and several more. The offices in Jessup Maryland has been in he smae location for many many years. Don't be fooled by the different name. Classic Mattress has ALWAYS been the owner of Dormia.

All they did was close the retail locations ande filed a bankruptcy to get out of the thousands of consumer complaints of shoddy cheap manufacturing practices.

I purchased one of the mattresses my self, a Legend, a matress supposedly made from talalay latex.

It was a complete waste of money. The mattress was sagging horribly withh a few months and all the company would do is say that the sagging was natural, and I was one of their managers!!!

I highly recommend that anyone looking at any of Mr Zippelli's mattresses, RUN!!!

Review about: Dormia Mattress.